2. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
3. SERVICES ACCESS AND USE
- (i) remove, alter, cover, or distort any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice on the Services or Services Content;
- (ii) circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Services including, without limitation, any features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on the use of the Services or Services Content;
- (iii) use an automatic device (such as a robot or spider) or manual process to copy or “scrape” the Website or Services Content for any purpose without our express written permission. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we grant public search engine operators permission to use automatic devices (such as robots or spiders) to copy Services Content from the Services for the sole purpose of creating (and only to the extent necessary to create) a searchable index of Services Content that is available to the public. We reserve the right to revoke this permission (generally or specifically) at any time;
- (iv) collect or harvest any personally identifiable information from the Services including, without limitation, user names, passwords, email addresses;
- (v) solicit other users to join or become members of any commercial online service or other organization without our prior written approval;
- (vi) attempt to or interfere with the proper working of the Services or impair, overburden, or disable the same;
- (vii) decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble any portion of any the Services;
- (viii) use network-monitoring software to determine architecture of or extract usage data from the Services;
- (ix) encourage conduct that violates any local law, either civil or criminal, or impersonate another user, person, or entity (e.g., using another person’s Membership (as defined in the “USER REGISTRATION” section) without permission, etc.);
- (x) violate Philippine export laws and orders issued by the Philippines Bureau of Customs; or
- (xi) engage in any conduct that restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Services.
4. USER REGISTRATION
(A) In order to access or use some features of our Services, you may have to become a registered user. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to register as a user or otherwise submit personal information to ph.mentos.com.
(B) If you become a registered user, you will provide true, accurate and complete registration information and, if such information changes, you will promptly update the relevant registration information. During registration, you will create a user name and password (a “Membership”), which may permit you access to certain areas of the Services not available to non-registered users. You are responsible for safeguarding and maintaining the confidentiality of your Membership. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs under your Membership, whether or not you have authorized the activity.
5. USER CONTENT
(A) We may now or in the future permit users to post, upload, transmit through, or otherwise make available on the Services (collectively, “submit”) messages, text, illustrations, files, images, graphics, photos, comments, sounds, music, videos, information, content, and/or other materials (“User Content”). Subject to the rights and license you grant herein, you retain all right, title and interest in your User Content. We do not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to User Content even if it is not published on the Services. It is solely your responsibility to monitor and protect any intellectual property rights that you may have in your User Content, and we do not accept any responsibility for the same.
(B) You shall not submit any User Content protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, or other intellectual property or proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the respective right. You are solely liable for any damage resulting from your failure to obtain such permission or from any other harm resulting from User Content that you submit.
(C) You represent, warrant, and covenant that you will not submit any User Content that:
- (i) violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, including, but not limited to, any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, or other intellectual property or proprietary right of any person or entity;
- (ii) impersonates another or is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane, pornographic, or otherwise objectionable;
- (iii) encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law;
- (iv) is an advertisement for goods or services or a solicitation of funds;
- (v) includes personal information such as messages which identify phone numbers, social security numbers, account numbers, addresses, or employer references;
- (vi) contains a formula, instruction, or advice that could cause harm or injury; or
- (vii) is a chain letter of any kind.
- Moreover, any conduct by a user that in our sole discretion restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Services will not be permitted.
(E) By submitting User Content, you also grant us the right, but not the obligation to use your biographical information including, without limitation, your name and geographical location in connection with broadcast, print, online, or other use or publication of your User Content.
(F) We reserve the right to display advertisements in connection with your User Content and to use your User Content for advertising and promotional purposes. You acknowledge and agree that your User Content may be included on the websites and advertising networks of our distribution partners and third-party service providers (including their downstream users).
(G) We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor User Content. We have the right in our sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever to edit, refuse to post, remove, or disable access to any User Content.
6. SERVICES CONTENT & THIRD PARTY LINKS
(A) We provide the Services including, without limitation, Services Content for educational, entertainment and promotional purposes only. You may not rely on any information and opinions expressed on any of our Services for any other purpose. In all instances, it is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or usefulness of Services Content. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on any Services Content.
(B) In many instances, Services Content will include content posted by a third-party or will represent the opinions and judgments of a third-party. We do not endorse, warrant and are not responsible for the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made on the Services by anyone other than authorized employees or spokespersons while acting in their official capacities.
(C) Any health related information that may be posted is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. We do not endorse or warrant the validity of any such health related statements found on this Services or in any in third party sites referenced in the Services. This information should be treated as general in nature which may be helpful to some persons but not others, depending upon their personal medical needs. You should always consult with your physician prior to changing or undertaking a new diet or exercise program. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the Services.
(D) If there is a dispute between persons accessing the Services or between persons accessing the Services and any third party, you understand and agree that we are under no obligation to become involved. If there is such a dispute, you hereby release Perfetti, its officers, directors, employees, parents, partners, successors, agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and their related companies from claims, demands, and damages of every kind or nature arising out of, relating to, or in any way connected with such dispute.
(E) The Services may contain links to other websites maintained by third parties. We do not operate or control, in any respect, or necessarily endorse the content found on these third-party websites. You assume sole responsibility for your use of third-party links. We are not responsible for any content posted on third-party websites or liable to you for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of your dealings with any third-party or their website.
(A) YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICES AND SERVICES CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, PERFETTI AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, PARTNERS, SUCCESSORS, AGENTS, DISTRIBUTION PARTNERS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, AND THEIR RELATED COMPANIES DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES INCLUDING ANY: (1) WARRANTIES THAT THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (2) WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, SECURITY, USEFULNESS, TIMELINESS, OR INFORMATIONAL CONTENT OF THE SERVICES OR SERVICES CONTENT; (3) WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (4) WARRANTIES FOR SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON OUR SERVICES OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SERVICES; (5) WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES; (6) WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE SECURE OR UNINTERRUPTED; AND (7) WARRANTIES THAT ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
9. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
(C) In some jurisdictions limitations of liability are not permitted. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing limitations may not apply to you. These limitations shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. COPYRIGHT POLICY
(A) We respect the intellectual property rights of others and expect users to do the same. In appropriate circumstances and at our sole discretion, we may terminate and/or disable the Membership of users suspected to be infringing the copyrights (or other intellectual property rights) of others. Additionally, in appropriate circumstances and in our sole discretion, we may remove or disable access to material on any of our websites or hosted on our systems that may be infringing or the subject of infringing activity.
(B) In accordance with Republic Act 8293 Intellectual Property Code of the Philippines, specifically the provisions on infringement, we will respond promptly to claims of trademark or copyright infringement that are reported to the agent that we have designated to receive notifications of claims infringement (its “Designated Agent”). Our Designated Agent is:
[DEL ROSARIO RABOCA GONZALES GRASPARIL]
2nd Floor A&V Crystal Tower
105 Esteban St., Legazpi Village
Tel. No. 550-1888
(C) If you are a trademark or copyright owner (or authorized to act on behalf of the trademark or copyright owner) and believe that your trademark or work’s copyright has been infringed, please report your notice of infringement to us by providing our Designated Agent with a written notification of claimed infringement that includes substantially the following:
- (i) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- (ii) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- (iii) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- (iv) Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted.
- (v) A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the trademark or copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- (vi) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
We will investigate notices of copyright infringement and take appropriate actions under the Intelllectual Property Code of the Philippines and all applicable Philippine Laws. Inquiries that do not follow this procedure may not receive a response.
12. CHOICE OF LAW; JURISDICTION AND VENUE
13. DISPUTE RESOLUTION & MANDATORY ARBITRATION
(A) We each agree to first contact each other with any disputes and provide a written description of the problem, all relevant documents/information and the proposed resolution. You agree to contact us with disputes by contacting us at: email@example.com. We will contact you based on the contact information you have provided us or that we obtain by other means.
(B) If after 30 days the parties are unable to resolve any dispute raised under the previous provision, the dispute may be submitted to arbitration consistent with this section. The parties understand that they would have had a right or opportunity to litigate disputes through a court and to have a judge or jury decide their case, but they choose to have any disputes resolved through arbitration.
(C) We each agree that any claim or dispute between us, and any claim by either of us against any agent, employee, successor, or assign of the other, including, to the full extent permitted by applicable law, third parties who are not signatories to this agreement, whether related to this agreement or otherwise, including past, present, and future claims and disputes, and including any dispute as to the validity or applicability of this arbitration clause, shall be resolved by binding arbitration administered by the Philippine Dispute Resolution Center, Inc (PDRCI) under its rules and procedures in effect when the claim is filed. The rules and procedures and other information, including information on fees, may be obtained from PDRCI’s website (www.pdrci.org) or by calling PDRCI at 555-0798.
(D) We are entering into this arbitration agreement in connection with a transaction involving interstate commerce. Accordingly, this arbitration agreement and any proceedings thereunder shall be governed by the Philippine laws on Arbitration. Any award by the arbitrator(s) may be entered as a judgment in any court having jurisdiction.
(E) Exception to Arbitrate. Either of us may bring qualifying claims in small claims court. Further, pursuant to the “NO CLASS ACTION” section below, we each agree that any arbitration will be solely between you and Perfetti and not as part of a classwide claim (i.e., not brought on behalf of or together with another individual's claim). If for any reason any court or arbitrator holds that this restriction in section is unconscionable or unenforceable, then our agreement to arbitrate doesn't apply and the classwide dispute must be brought in court.
14. NO CLASS ACTIONS
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, YOU AND WE EACH WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO PURSUE DISPUTES ON A CLASSWIDE BASIS; THAT IS, TO EITHER JOIN A CLAIM WITH THE CLAIM OF ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY, OR ASSERT A CLAIM IN A REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF ANYONE ELSE IN ANY LAWSUIT, ARBITRATION OR OTHER PROCEEDING.
15. NO TRIAL BY JURY
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, YOU AND WE EACH WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY LAWSUIT, ARBITRATION OR OTHER PROCEEDING.
16. AMENDMENT; ADDITIONAL TERMS
(A) No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. The section headings used herein are for convenience only and shall not be given any legal import.